What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

IE7-- should I allow it to install?

Babrbarossa

Windows downloaded an update for interent explorer 7, but I have heard that one shouldn't download it. Is this idle MS bashing, or are there real problems with it?

BTW-- I would use firefox, as I am aware of its value but unfortunately, we are using netscape 'high-speed' dial-up as we can't get true high-speed here. and the max line speed is 28.8. Firefox does not work well with the dialup accelerator, and prevents access to many sites.

sswilson

Staff member
I've been running it for over a month now and I haven't had any issues.

If you're an IE person you definately want this upgrade.... tabbed browsing takes a while to get used to but it's worth it, pop up blocker works, and there is a new anti-phishing setup as well.

enaberif

Phising is available for firefox too.

IE7 FINALLy after what 10+ years decides to use tab browsing?

Firefox for me

Babrbarossa

I am running it now, and I haven't found anything awful about it- I also turned the phishing feature off as I can't afford to sacrifice any more speed.

G

I am running it now, and I haven't found anything awful about it
Until you have to do a billion updates/patch's.

I agree about tabbed browsing, why the hell did it take MS this long?

I know what you mean about FF on dial up it's a pain.

BALISTX

Working for an ISP I've seen lots of issue where IE7 doesn't handle Flash Active X controls very well. I've also seen where if you have Flash Player 9 already installed and you go to a Flash based site you get a warning telling your to upgrade your Flash.

Myself I stick to Firefox.

cdn_Madrach

I've been using it on the wifes laptop for a while now and no major problems yet, but I do have one issue with it and that is mem usage. Man this thing eats mem. Usaully after about 30mins of surfin and tabbin i have to use cacheman to recover mem cause it is using btween 80 and 100 mgs of ram:(
Wifes laptop only averages around 150 mgs of free mem so it tends to slow things down. Just gotta add more mem I guess.

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
I use it along with FireFox. I've noticed that it has issues with a few websites I visit and places like our forum, the iTrader tab doesn't work properly but does in IE6.:angry2:

Latest posts