What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

if i had to RMA a 6800 vanilla

ebdoradz

If i had to rma my wifey 6800 vanilla agp card what would i receive to replace it??

its an evga card and their website only show 6200/fx5500/fx5200 video card ?!??!?!?!

would i downgrade that low or they would offer me a pci-e card?

bojangles

I'm pretty sure they won't have any of those in stock. I think their rule states that if they don't have the model you have RMA'd, they'll upgrade you to the next spot. My buddy RMA'd a 7600GS not too long ago and got a 640MB 8800GTS. Not a bad deal I'd say...

belgolas

yup they will give you what they have that is in stock. So if all they had was GTX 280 then they'd give ya that but since life isn't always that awesome you will probably get a pci-e card that is more powerful than your old one.

rjbarker

Is that 6800 registered with Evga? My 6800GT AGP is about 4.5 yrs old (still going strong) and when I purchased it their was no such thing as registering and Lifetime Warranties.....

ebdoradz

its register and i got it 9 month ago from a RMA those card looks to die pretty fast when you unlock the pipes :S

but its covers by theirs warranty since its not a hard mod

rjbarker

I take it thats 6800 and not 6800GT?...I believe the only diff between my 6800Gt and 6800 Ultra was Clock speeds...I think...pixel pipelines were equal.
Anyhow glad to hear your covered!

subliminal

yup they will give you what they have that is in stock. So if all they had was GTX 280 then they'd give ya that but since life isn't always that awesome you will probably get a pci-e card that is more powerful than your old one.

But they'll give you a PCI-E even though you RMA an AGP?

rjbarker

But they'll give you a PCI-E even though you RMA an AGP?
I can guarantee you won't wind up with a GTX 260 or 280, they will provide you with the "next best AGP version"...simple as that...check out Evga.com...the subject has been posted thier numerous times!!

dadzilla

If you can, a 7800gS agp - I still use one in my nostalgia box and it plays Farcry original at full on settings. Mostly now though that box is for the wife to check her email.

Latest posts