What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

If I update drivers or install the ATI tool tray....

Canadianguy

will it change my CCC settings?Running the x1300pro 256 agp.

Thanks

Last edited:

Canadianguy

Yes the profiles...i just went into the CCC and saved them.Sorry iv'e never been into the profile section before.Now I want to install the tray tool for first time and maybe update driver sometime soon.See i read to if i uninstalled the CCC and just ran tray tools,some people say tou can't use the AA..etc.

This looks like a cool site for the canadians...found it from frequently being in GURU forum.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
ATI drivers (especially CCC) are getting better, but folks have been running without CCC for better performance for quite some time (CCC used to be a real dog.... :) ) so I doubt you'd have any issues other than perhaps needing to reset your profiles.

As far as not being able to change AA while using tray tools, I'd find that hard to believe, but I'll check for you in a second.... :)

sswilson

Staff member
Are you perhaps getting confused between ati tray tools & atitool?

Ati Tray Tools has a full slate of AA/AF etc.... settings, while ATITool is strictly clock OC.

Canadianguy

This might be a dumb question,but i'm just learning about this whole driver thing.So you mean the CCC and the drivers that come with the package used to be a dog?Could i ask what drivers and software your running?

No... the tray tool.

Thanks

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
CCC used to be quite a resource hog, so a lot of folks would run just the drivers and use another tool (like ati tray tools) to adjust settings.

Latest posts

Twitter