What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

IKEA and Asus ROG division to make gaming 'furniture'.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
not really much substance to the article...but here's an update on the ROG / IKEA partnership

Izerous

Folding Team
I was actually kind of hopeful about this partnership but I'll be honest from those photos. Looks like existing Ikea furniture in black instead of other colors

mGz

Typical of the market today. It's bad enough herman miller did a cringy collaboration with logitech.

clshades

Guess you have never bought ikeas high end line up then. Pieces of soild wood and metal fastners.
I have installed fixtures on the bathroom and kitchen stuff. It's all garbage man. Last kitchen countertop I had to nearly crush the tap into the counter so it would stop moving. I've never seen anything good from Ikea. Ever.

FreeKnight

I'm with jokester, not all Ikea's stuff is garbage. Sure the particleboard stuff isn't great, but some of their solid pine furniture is decent, particularly on a cost/performance ratio. The Hemnes lines has some really sturdy pieces, and I have a solid pine kitchen table that's an absolute tank.

Sure it's not Simply Amish or 'Old Hippy', but it's also 1/8th the price. Can't speak to their kitchen and bathroom cabinets, but it's not like everything there is trash, no different than saying every GM is a piece of junk. Sure they've had a lot of bad vehicles with issues over the years, but it's not as if there hasn't been a few vehicles that turned out well in the sea of awful cavaliers and Pontiac Grand Prixs

Izerous

Folding Team
Wood glue goes a long ways with Ikea furniture. Malm dresser I have I'd occasionally need to tighten the cam locks (face plate of the drawer hits the body when closing and wiggles loose after time). A small bead of wood glue on that drawer face and years later I have yet to need to tighten the locks again.

Latest posts