What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I'm moving - where to get good moving boxes?

Mr. Friendly

yep, moving...so I need to get good tough boxes to pack in.

apple boxes get snapped up at the grocery stores ASAP and I hate the banana boxes, so that's not an option.

suggestions?

sswilson

Staff member
They're not huge boxes (16X12X12) , but walmart has an 8 pack that's less than $1/box.

belgolas

When we moved we went to a lot of store for boxes. Surprisingly most either wont give you boxes for free or they are constantly destroying them. There are decent paid options if you don't want to spend several hours looking for boxes.

MacJunky

I was fond of using rubbermaid tubs when I moved long distance in the uncovered box of a pickup truck. Not cheap upfront but you can keep them for next time or other things. Of course that really only works if you have just a load or two. Trying to move most people's households with a pickup and rubbermaid tubs is insanity. Good excuse for a BIG purge!

Mr. Friendly

yeh...the drive to our new home is going to be 2 days...one from Van to Quesnel/Prince George and then one from George to Rupert.

I'm shocked at how much a 15" Uhaul is...$1200 before fuel and taxes! :shok:

anyone know anything about back hauling? heard it can be cheep. :p