What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

iMac Screen problem

p3t3rsn

I know this is a long shot but I figured it can't hurt to ask. So one of my staff members has a 2005 iMac G5 17" with a defective screen. When you turn on the computer you here the Apple chime but the screen doesn't display (see pic). Now the kid doesn't have any money but is a really hard worker so I thought I would try and help him out.
So I have been searching Kijiji and craigslist for a used screen but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions on where to possible find a cheap used screen or know of any cheap fixes?

Attachments

• 2011-04-13 11.52.01.jpg
    2011-04-13 11.52.01.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,183
Last edited:

MacJunky

Get the model number of the panel itself and find a good one.. Apple does not design their panels from what I recall so it should be available.
Though, selling the iMac as parts and getting the kid a low end c2d box would be of more benefit. :p (not only way faster, but also way better in all regards as far as I am concerned)

Latest posts