What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Image Hosting

ipaine

Just wondering if the image hosting you guys had is gone for good? It was what I had used for everything I did here but now I can't get to it anymore.

sswilson

Staff member
Are you looking for old images, or access to image hosting from HWC? If you're just looking for image hosting, you can use the album feature from your usercp.

ipaine

It was image hosting but was not through the usercp. There was a drop down list in the bar that has the usercp, memberlist, LAN Calendar, etc. Now there is only the little drop down arrow but nothing drops down.

The image url used to be http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/imagehosting/(name of image)

So yes that is how I did all my images that are here on the site but now I can't get to them or add any new ones. As for that album the image sizes allowed are smaller, so I would have to resize like all of them to move them over.

Killswitch

Are you looking for old images, or access to image hosting from HWC? If you're just looking for image hosting, you can use the album feature from your usercp.

I was wondering the same thing since I don't really like using photobucket. I see why you ask that SS. All the images I had hosted here for my FS thread are still visible, yet I can't access any albums. Under UserCP all my images/albums are "gone". Glad to see we have the option to upload still! :thumb:

TopDogZero

I was wondering the same thing since I don't really like using photobucket. I see why you ask that SS. All the images I had hosted here for my FS thread are still visible, yet I can't access any albums. Under UserCP all my images/albums are "gone". Glad to see we have the option to upload still! :thumb:

I hope it's not gone, I've only ever used it for posting here since I too don't like photobucket.

ipaine

Resurrecting an old thread of mine here, but I am wondering now is there any way to get at all of the pictures I had hosted here in the past? I know they are still here because the images still show but I can't access them through the usercp as they don't show in the albums.

A good example of the images I am talking about can be found in this thread:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/42186-q6600-sandy-bridge.html

All of the pictures there are hosted here I just can't get to them or upload any more the way I did all of them before. So I guess two questions, first can I get access to them all without just combing through all of my posts and second, will this image hosting ever come back? I don't mean the albums you can set up in the usercp, but the actual image hosting that we had before.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

sswilson

Staff member
Resurrecting an old thread of mine here, but I am wondering now is there any way to get at all of the pictures I had hosted here in the past? I know they are still here because the images still show but I can't access them through the usercp as they don't show in the albums.

A good example of the images I am talking about can be found in this thread:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/42186-q6600-sandy-bridge.html

All of the pictures there are hosted here I just can't get to them or upload any more the way I did all of them before. So I guess two questions, first can I get access to them all without just combing through all of my posts and second, will this image hosting ever come back? I don't mean the albums you can set up in the usercp, but the actual image hosting that we had before.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

I'd like to know too if the old pics are still accessible.

I passed your questions on to the folks in the back room to see if there's any update on the status of image host.