What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

imput for low end gaming

_dangtx_

Banned
ill be setting up a few people with 19 inch lcds, low end machines with 8800gt/9800gt video cards.

at 1440/1600 resolution, what games came out in the last 6-12 months that they can get playable frame rates on? normal/auto eye candy.

ill give one,or two if i find the cds, the zombie shooter one and two. besides that i have no idea.

danke

chubaka

My favs farcry, fable TLC...but within a year maybe sc2...:biggrin:

TimTheEnchanter

Fallout 3 or NV should run.

Torchlight and... hum... recent games? Kinda hard to find....

_dangtx_

Banned
thanks guys. ill be giving them the farcry I cd's as i have bought a boxload for close to nothing. fc2 not sure theyll cut it and i only have one or two cd i think.

ill look up scII, pricing and all.

edit : tim , ill look up those two as well, not sure i have the cd's.

belgolas

That's pretty nice of you to do that! I know this is an older series but Half-Life 2 is so awesome! Anything made by blizzard or Valve should run fairly decent. They could still play Bad Company 2 at medium. Company Heroes is another great title. Although there is the free version (which is pay 2 win).

_dangtx_

Banned
shhh, if any of me cust's finds out im in deep boo boo :p

half life 2 i have a few cd's...

how?

one day im going down the street, and i see a guy from a store going to throw out a box...i see a few cd's falling out and i go in to investigate. unfortunately there was another guy who noticed. i had 20 in my pocket, he had 10. guess i got lucky. almost all of them are gone, but the few that i got left will go to work pritty soon. 20 pound box full of games, so thats what a dollar per pound.lol.

jcmaz

Yup, BFBC2 will run on medium @ 1280X1024 res, no AA tho. And so will Source engine games (High), Company of Heroes(Medium), Far Cry 2(Medium/High), GRID (High).

I've tried all these games with my overclocked 9600GT (715/1800/1000).

Edit: What games did you get?

_dangtx_

Banned
cool.. now, my memory failed me, as i just remembered i run fc2 on a..9800gtx+ or 8800gts 512 and it was ok but i forgot the rez.

a bunch of stuff, anywhere from 5-6 years old (farcry I) to 2-3 years old. i used to hand out a few titles per outgoing box, now its going to be more limited. better hardware vs games they can get later on :)

jibz

I've been doing builds for friends with gts 250s, which are essentially gtx9800 cards and they still max out most games 1080p.

They mostly play WoW, SC2, TF2, BC2, Darksiders and Dragon Age.

jergreen

I would think you should be able to run any of the Call of Duty games, except maybe Black Ops (not sure, I don't play it) The engine for Modern Warefare, World at War even Modern Warefare 2 wasn't that taxing on the hardware.

Latest posts