What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

In need of speakers

Cheator

Hey Gang.

I got this reciever on boxing day. Its just about waht I want, a cheap little reciver but I need some speakers to go with it. I'm not looking for incredible speakers, looking to spend about 200 bucks or so for the whole set, does anyone have any recommendations?

Empty_Quarter

Hey Gang.

I got this reciever on boxing day. Its just about waht I want, a cheap little reciver but I need some speakers to go with it. I'm not looking for incredible speakers, looking to spend about 200 bucks or so for the whole set, does anyone have any recommendations?
What do you mean by 'whole set'. A set of 2 speakers, or a set of 5?

Cheator

By a whole set I mean a 5.1 speaker set, I have no speakers or woofers right now. Those Harman Kardon look decent :) Thanks for the suggestion! Anyone else have a cheap suggestion?

Cptn Vortex

Finding a good new 5.1 set for under $200 is going to be realllly hard. How big is the room they are going into? If its big, small speakers like that are going to sound like junk. Seriously, hunt around locally on craigslist for good larger bookshelf or towers. You can usually find a decent pair of towers for $60-100, then maybe a nice center for about $100 as well. If you get good enough towers, you wont need a sub, trust me...

lcdguy

$200 not likely. Honestly $200 is way to low. even if you find some they are going to sound like crap regardless of the AVR you have or the setup. If you can swing it. Take a look at these

Future Shop: Audio: Home Speakers: Polk Audio Home Theatre Speaker System (RM10FS) - Web Only

Very good speakers for the price $349. I got these for my parents for christmas and they sound really really good. And it includes a 10" front firing sub :D.

Honestly don't cheap out on speakers. Invest in a good pair as you don't normally replace speakers all that often unless they get damaged and are un repairable.

Latest posts

Twitter