What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

In other news...

_dangtx_

Banned
interesting, itll be solved 'internationally' i guess if the rebels dont win

either way, dont think itll get as ugly as airak but you never know.

FlyingFish

Too little too late. Unless they invade, Ghadaffi has this one in the bag.

The Rebels had the momentum but they stopped and waited for the government to consolidate their forces and counter-attack.

Stock

I really don't think a world war will start over this... it's more likely that there will be heavier economic/political sanctions. There's only so much that nation can take before it buckles.

sswilson

Staff member
The UN did something...

UN authorizes no-fly zone over Libya - World - CBC News

Better late than never, but really, couldn't this be a starting point for a world war :ph34r:

I could always be proven wrong, but AFAIK they did the right thing by waiting for Arab League approval. IMO, that alone, while making it late for them to come to the game, ensures that there isn't a backlash from the man-in-the-street of the arab world.

Ghadaffi doesn't really have a legitimate friend on the world stage these days, I can't see how something with both UN and Arab League support could spiral into a global conflict.

_dangtx_

Banned
not sure why ppl wonder so much, i for one was counting the hours after the no fly zone thingie till they start rearranging the place

Borg

Banned
I think it's appalling that countries think they can use military response in meddling with other affairs that are not their business. It is further evidence we're all just puppets and in police states.

I perceive this divergence in opinion is not liked but I don't understand the apathy about these situations.

China intensifies condemnation of Libya air strikes - Yahoo! News

India, China, Russia oppose air strikes on Libya - Yahoo! News

Not everyone supports the air strikes and it doesn't matter of their reasoning. It really is a screwed up society, imho. That's all I have to say about this topic. :(

Latest posts