What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Increase monitor refresh rate-icons gone

jtf2

I have been playing around with my new 34 inch alienware,loving it btw!!
When i increase the refresh rate from 100-105 even,the screen resets and the icons on the desktop have dissapeared
Of course the taskbar resizes smaller but that i can fix

do i need to somehow lock the icons in place on desktop screen or is that possible??
thanks

sswilson

Staff member
It sounds like it might be recognising the new refresh rate as a completely new monitor and thinking that they're both active. Check your display settings to see if you've got two monitors showing and disable the one with the older refresh rates, or possibly set them to mirror.

JD

Staff member
Are you talking about the overclocking functionality in the monitor itself? Yes, that "resets" the monitor, so there's a chance your icons will move around. If it's the only monitor you have plugged in though, I don't see why it would as mine didn't do that.

If it's happening just when your changing the refresh rate within Windows, then I'm not too sure. Maybe try reinstalling your video card drivers or getting a new DisplayPort cable.

jtf2

i have it now set to 1 monitor
changed the refresh within the monitor and same thing icons disappear

maybe will try move the icons before the refresh increase to the middle of the screen,not the bottom part of screen??
dp cable was the 1 that came with the monitor

okay here was my fix
onkyo receiver hooked up with hdmi for audio
for some reason that onkyo would show as 2nd monitor??
unplugged hdmi and lo and behold,set it to 105hz for now it refreshed itself and the icons stayed put!!

Last edited:
Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter