What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Innovation Cooling 7 Carat Diamond TIM Test results thread *NOW ACCEPTING RESULTS!!*

mo' power

I don't know how many others still use ICD here. I still swear by it. A new product test or a side by side test would be fine with me. Why not create a poll thread here and see what happens?

Bond007

Since this thread seems to be the most appropriate place to put this, and I have a tube of IC7 that should be on the way soon from the HWC store, I will post a question.

I just did a read through of all results (17 pages...ugh) and saw very little on AMD setups. I am using a phenom II x3 710 stock clocks/ stock heatsink. Not by any means a performance machine, but if I can cut a couple degrees from stock then I will. I am curious about how the stock AMD retention system is for pressure, and how it does for keeping an even spread. Have you done any tests that would help out those with an AMD based system? Does it force TIM all to one side? Not enough pressure? Better with a different application method because of the way it is secured? Any info you have would help me and I am sure others as well.

Thanks for your help in advance.

MacJunky

On AMD systems unless you are suuuper careful it squishes everything to one side.. and yea, the AM2/3 bracket has a very hard time spreading this stuff.
You would be better off with a CM hyper 212+ or something then grab some MX4 and call it a day unless you really want to obsess about the very last degree.

Latest posts