What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Innovation Cooling 7 Carat Diamond TIM Test results thread *NOW ACCEPTING RESULTS!!*

ICD7

Hardware Canucks not Canuncks

:doh: I do this stuff on the fly, sorry! I am sure you will catch me on other stuff. I actually looked it up in Wikipedia when I first logged on cause I was a little vague on the meaning, not commonly used in Yankee Connecticut.

CTA

inik, not enough... for OCCT is 2 hour or more is better... for prime95 (mixing) is? 8 hours?

cybersyper... how long? what kind of stress program did you run?

ICD7... i think you should add rule about how to test cpu with...

MpG

For air cooling, I'd expect that an hour of burning would be plenty to get stable max temperatures. Even a water-cooling system will usually hit equilibrium in under a half hour. We're not looking to verify system stability, just max load temps. But it would be nice if posters made (continued to make) note of the specific methods, just for general knowledge. And for those using Prime95, large-FFT's usually gets the CPU hottest.

mklym

For the CPU tests I am running Orthos - small FFTs, for one hour. All the rest stress the ram as well. For the GPU, I am running FurMark, continual mode, for one hour. For air-cooled laptops, I think they will suffice. As MpG said, this is about getting stable temps. As long as you repeat all the steps you go through, for each test, I think the results will be accurate.

ICD7

inik, not enough... for OCCT is 2 hour or more is better... for prime95 (mixing) is? 8 hours?

cybersyper... how long? what kind of stress program did you run?

ICD7... i think you should add rule about how to test cpu with...

I have found in past giveaways that this method of having people test to their own reference points works best. Whenever I start adding conditions they usually get ignored anyway

It's kind of like herding cats, overclockers are an independent lot as a whole and I am lucky if I can just everybody doing the application in concert.

Andrew

JShupka

Load temp = 12 Hour of OCCT
Idle temp = 1 hour

Hardware
Phenom 9850BE
Arctic Cooling Freezer non-pro

Pre-IC7
Compound: Arctic cooling MX-2
Idle Temp: 30
Load Temp: 51

IC7
Idle Temp: 27
Load Temp: 47

What can I say? It's an unbelievable drop just from changing a TIM. Plus, I find this stuff really easy to work with. More like a gel than anything else.

Nademon

Hey all...just wanted to say thanks to everyone that signed up. Shaping up to be a great venture thus far and I'm looking forward to all the results we're going to see and I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot. If there's anything I can do to help anyone out, please feel free to PM me or post up here as I'll be checking this thread on a regular basis (as I'm sure ICD7 will be also).

So...let the testing commence! So far the results seem to be very promising.

kev.nam

With Arctic Silver:
as5.jpg

With IC7:
icdiamond.jpg

Pre-IC7
Compound: AS5
Idle Temp: 36
Load Temp: 50

IC7
Idle Temp: 33
Load Temp: 49

It's also worth mentioning that with the AS5, the temperature was a steady 50*C. However with the IC7, the temperature kept fluctuating between 47-50*C, but mostly kept at about 48-49. The Idle temperatures on the other hand, dropped much more, which is odd :ph34r:

Last edited:

Latest posts