What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Insight on specs

pbjarr

Hello yes, I am looking into building my FIRST gaming computer. I need some advice on what preferable components I should pick out and use.
I will be using the computer for mostly gaming and mostly games such as Arma 3, DayZ, Tarkov. Basically games like that so pretty much games that require say a beefy setup which is alright. My typical price range I want to stay around $1000 USD and no more. Wanting to run those particular type of games on High to Ultra settings but preferably on Ultra while at the same type getting high frames and having good refresh rate??? Basically I really want specs where I could basically play any game with the best settings while still having good playability with no lag.

ZZLEE

Is that 1000 include monitor . keyboard and mouse?
What Resolution and frame rate rate are we talking?

pbjarr

No, resolution just depends on the prices on monitors, a 4K monitor would be nice but it just depends on the prices they are at, and for frame rate I’m talking about high frame rate as in well over around 70-80

Bond007

Sorry, your answer isn’t that clear to me. To confirm, you don’t have a mouse, keyboard, or monitor? You are buying them, but they are not part of the $1000?

Izerous

Your not going to drive a 4k resolution at ultra with a $1000 budget, especially since I read that as not even having the monitor yet. Your are going to have to limit yourself to 1080p... might be able to push 1440p if you can find a good deal or go used on some components to make better use of your budget.

dave343

I may be corrected, but if your budget is $1000, I'd go with the following.

Intel i5 9400 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (You can save cooler $ by just going with the stock AMD cooler, Intel doesn't include one)
Something like the Asus Prime B450 for Ryzen, or Asus Prime B360M for Intel
16GB DDR4 3000, memory is dirt cheap right now, any brand should be ok.
Aim for a RTX 2060, or the AMD 5700 if you can find a deal. Otherwise the RX580 or NV 1660 Ti
SSD's are cheap, I just picked up a 240GB Sata SSD for $30 off Amazon, even PCIe drives are cheap
Unless you care about the case, any decently branded $40-50 case should suffice...
500-550 PSU should be more than enough, stick to name brands if one is on sale, eg; Corsair, EVGA, Coolermaster...
As for a monitor, grab a 1080P one, something like the Asus VG series...
Don't forget about Windows 10 license! See if you can grab one from someone, otherwise it could be an additional $100 cost.

pbjarr

I may be corrected, but if your budget is $1000, I'd go with the following.

Intel i5 9400 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (You can save cooler $ by just going with the stock AMD cooler, Intel doesn't include one)
Something like the Asus Prime B450 for Ryzen, or Asus Prime B360M for Intel
16GB DDR4 3000, memory is dirt cheap right now, any brand should be ok.
Aim for a RTX 2060, or the AMD 5700 if you can find a deal. Otherwise the RX580 or NV 1660 Ti
SSD's are cheap, I just picked up a 240GB Sata SSD for $30 off Amazon, even PCIe drives are cheap
Unless you care about the case, any decently branded $40-50 case should suffice...
500-550 PSU should be more than enough, stick to name brands if one is on sale, eg; Corsair, EVGA, Coolermaster...
As for a monitor, grab a 1080P one, something like the Asus VG series...
Don't forget about Windows 10 license! See if you can grab one from someone, otherwise it could be an additional $100 cost.
what kind of games could I run with these such specs?

dave343

what kind of games could I run with these such specs?
Assuming you're going to pickup a 1080P monitor, you should be able to play at veryhigh-ultra settings. The key is going to be getting the best video card you can within the $1000 budget. If you look around, there are amazing deals on Ryzen 5 2600 CPU's, and for the time being don't worry about spending much on a crazy gaming keyboard/mouse. Budget the majority of your funds for the video card, and monitor, but stick to 1080P, you should be able to find a good 1080P gaming monitor. A RTX 260 / or 5700 are pushing $300... I think, so that's where a bulk of your budget will/should go. Keep in mind, you ideally want a balanced system... and don't cheap out on the power supply. Get a branded 550w, should be able to find a good one on sale, because if you can go after a decent $300 card, you'll thank yourself for grabbing a decent PSU.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter