What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Installed sound card, but no sound

jcmaz

Hi,

I used to be able to use my back audio ports, but my front audio ports didn't work, before i installed an HT Omega Striker. AFterwards, the front audio ports work but the back one don't. Please Help Me!!!!!

I'm using Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I installed the most current drivers and uninstalled the old Realtek ones. I only plugged the front audio port from the mobo to the HT Striker.

THX

Last edited:

TopDogZero

Try disabling the Realtek in the BIOS and reinstall the drivers for the HT and double check connections to the HT back panel.

odis172

Yep disable the onboard sound. Grab the latest audio drivers for the card. Recheck your connections to the front panel ports. If they are incorrect, your card may be detecting that theres "headphones" plugged into the front, and turning off the speaker ports on the card. Also try disabling auto speaker mute when headphones are plugged in.

Latest posts

Twitter