What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Installing fans for H240x Swiftech

Shadowarez

Yeah if I get a choice lol seen a few packs that have some too I'll get a few from all over. Quick question iv been over to frozen cpu or fcpu and there sites running but is it safe to order from yet?

sswilson

Staff member
So you don't have any franchise hardware store around? They've usually got a bin tucked away in a corner with this kind of hardware.

If not, then fastenal is probably the most likely candidate, you'll just need to track down the right part. As far as 6/32 machine screws go.... there should be a decent sized box of them in a 3" length that'll do for just about anything (2 1/2" probably do, but 3" would cover damn near any task).

clshades

I drive by or GOTO bolt supply once a week. What size and style do you want. I can get stainless and brass I believe. Metric or standard. I'm guessing they might be m4? Or what sky said? You can buy longer and cut them to size with a grinder and a pair of vise grips. Let me know and I'll mail them to ya this week.

I'll need an approximate head size too.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, I'd double check on a couple of things.... I believe swifttech uses 6-32 machine screws don't they (euro models would most likely be m4 I think)? You're also talking about a H240, but then mention a couple of 120mm fans instead of 140mm.

Are you looking to just mount it normally to the top of a cosmos case, or is there something special about the way you want to mount it?

edit: Here's a box of 50 3" but it seems to be hitting the US fastenal site so make sure you get the country of origin corrrect...

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/1128854?term=1128854

clshades

DazMode sells them too but shipping... If it were me I'd just increase them to 1 1/4 for a tiny bit more play.

Latest posts

Twitter