What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Installing fans for H240x Swiftech

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Hey guys need some help locating the proper screws I need to properly attaching 2x Noctua 120mm fans to top of swiftech H240x and one underneath. At the moment the are just sitting above the Rad in my Cosmos II.

Time for a rebuild I have a H320 I was never able to it came with wrong screws for 2011 socket but my H240x has right ones might just swap it out for older cooler. But I'll need right length to get this setup right.

Any help from the wc guys would be greatly appreciated seeing as you guys have a billion more things to screw in and attach manage.

Fudd Rucker

I wouldnt bother with the fan underneath, Im running mine in a pull config and its working great. Not sure where you would get the additional screws, but if you want I could pack up 8 of the longer screws that came with mine and send em off to you. I have a few extras from when I RMA'd my unit.

They way I set mine up was using smaller screws to attach the fans to the rad, then used the larger screws for case fans to get it attached to the case.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I'll take some pics iv got decent Temps but the old ocd kicks in and I gota get it done right urkes me lol that it isn't set perfectly.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Yeah at same time I need to order smaller zip ties staples here only carrys the massive multicoloured ones which is fine for some cables. But I need smaller thinner ones for fan cables.

sweenytodd

Yeah at same time I need to order smaller zip ties staples here only carrys the massive multicoloured ones which is fine for some cables. But I need smaller thinner ones for fan cables.

If you want I can give you some of my clear zipties. Dimensions are 3 mm X 150 mm. I have a lot of spare. I bought them 2 years ago and have yet to use them all lol. Let me know if interested.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Ty that'll be handy it's that time of year winters coming and id like to know rig is snug everywhere possible.

KaptCrunch

6 inch 10-32 screws all threaded with head cut-off , when saw or dremel place a nut on so after you can pass over cutted end to clear the bur's

foam and 4 x 10-32 stud's with 3 nuts per stud

you can leave the excess on to mount on case or cut-off an mount other side caution on screws lengths not to hit rad tube's

Attachments

• gastket.jpg
    gastket.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 226

Latest posts