What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Installing my OSX Leopard on a windos(PC lol) computer.

belgolas

Well yesterday I had a bit of fun. I decided to try to install OSX Leopard on my comp using iATKOS. I popped in the disk and it went to the installer. I selected the 2 250 gb hard drive I have and it installed without any problems and booted into Mac. Well I could use everything in Mac but there were no sound drivers for an X-Fi that I could find but there were 8800 drivers. So I could us Mac 100% (without sound) and that was cool.

So then I restarted the comp and I couldn't select XP or Vista cause there was no screen to select the OS's. It went straight to OSX. So I read some forums and some people suggested to repair windows and I did so and still couldn't select OS's.

So I unistalled Mac and could select between XP and Vista but XP doesn't work for some reason. I repeared the boot and mdr file. So I decided what the heck I will do a fresh install.

Anyways. I tried for about 15 hours of installing and reinstalling of XP Vista and OSX and for some reason when I install OSX it is the only OS that works. I guess I could install boot camp if I wanted to but I don't. We some people have got it to work and some have not. I guess I am the one that hasn't lol. Well a new update is out for iATKOS but I am done for now for awhile.

MacJunky

You should have run some cross platform benchmarks in Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista then compared them.
Actually, if you were going to do that I would want to see the results from both 10.4.x(Tiger) in addition to 10.5.x(Leopard), XP and Vista.
If you ever do try again any time soon please be sure to bring out benchmarking apps. :)

Cheator

Just an FYI, this is illegal. In the Apple License, it says that one cannot install OSX on any hardaware other than Apple's. Not sure if this site condones that.

Thund3rball

Yes sad but true it is illegal :\ That way if you really want to run OS-X you need to buy a Mac, or try your route. Just like Apple releasing ipod firmware that renders your current 3rd party apps on your ipod useless. Or record companies threatening to leave iTunes if Apple doesn't offer No DRM downloads. People are always all over MS for this kind of "control" stuff when really, Apple is much worse ;)

belgolas

Well it was fun (shh and probably not the last time plus we bought a multi install of Leopard (well actually my bro for his Mac shh)).

qbattersby

Actual in regards to the legal concerns based on the EULA would never stand a chance in court. As long as you have a license it doesn't have a chance.

I have Leopard on my machine which I installed back when using the BrazilMac method and I run the vanilla kernel. In regards to benchmarks it is a champ! Adobe CS3 is much more responsive and snappy than in Vista, keep in mind Vista uses about 700mb more ram than Leopard. I've had my osx86 box running since December 18th/2007 with no problems, everything works except my microphone port which I have no use for anyways. I even have a wireless mighty mouse!