What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel’s Comeback is 25% FASTER Than the Ryzen 5950X!

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

Let’s get started with Amazon! It looks like the game they’ve been working on is racking up some GPU casualties. Yep, the open world MMO that amazon studios has been working on for years is apparently Killing RTX 3000 GPU’s left and right. Specifically RTX 3090’s.

There were different experiences with New world but here are a couple. One guy pressed play and his computer insta crashed while the game was loaded. He decided to try again after the computer came back online but this time he heard a loud pop, followed by the computer crashing again, but this time with no chances of revival.

For that user, this is the second 3090 to die while playing the same game. His first GPU died during the Alpha of the game. There are some other accounts of GPU’s dying over on reddit , and its always the same brand, heck even the same model of GPU, the EVGA rtx 3090 FTW3.

Lysrin

For that user, this is the second 3090 to die while playing the same game. His first GPU died during the Alpha of the game.
Whaa...?! Man, after the first one I think I'd be waiting for full release of the game, if I was brave enough to play it all! Yikes.

Bond007

Title:

"Intel’s Comeback is 25% FASTER Than the Ryzen 5950X!"​

Quite the headline grab. Unfortunately I can't bring myself to watch Boot Sequence because of things like this. If that was the title based on a review I would be all over it, but not for rumours with only a couple pieces of information.

crazyea

I wouldn’t blame them, they need to compete and there are many other channels running the same story.

Personally, I’m pretty hopeful, but similar things were said about 11th gen. I think though 11th gen did have good core performance but they neutered it by taking cores away. 12th gen should be good.

Bond007

I wouldn’t blame them, they need to compete and there are many other channels running the same story.

Personally, I’m pretty hopeful, but similar things were said about 11th gen. I think though 11th gen did have good core performance but they neutered it by taking cores away. 12th gen should be good.
Agree with your thoughts on the channel competing, and I am glad they do have those stories covered under boot sequence and not HWC (I do still watch the latter).

For the CPU performance, I hope you are right! I am not partial to intel or AMD...just give me progress and the best CPU for the $ at any given time.

Izerous

Folding Team
I'm still not sold on big/little for desktop usage. I can see it more and more in mobile laptop where cooling is a challenge (little cores I'd hope run cooler) but i'd not really want 8 neutered cores in a desktop with more than sufficient cooling.

crazyea

I'm still not sold on big/little for desktop usage. I can see it more and more in mobile laptop where cooling is a challenge (little cores I'd hope run cooler) but i'd not really want 8 neutered cores in a desktop with more than sufficient cooling.
I don’t care how it comes about, I just want the improved performance.

Mr. Friendly

Whaa...?! Man, after the first one I think I'd be waiting for full release of the game, if I was brave enough to play it all! Yikes.
no reason to connect the failure to just one GPU dying...two makes coincidence, and nothing is ever a coincidence...and by that time, more than one report would have likely surfaced. but what a heck of a bug!

Mr. Friendly

big.LITTLE it was a success for mobile, so doing for PC would make sense. they may just have to play with the number of big cores and LITTLE cores to find the proper balance.

Izerous

Folding Team
big.LITTLE it was a success for mobile, so doing for PC would make sense. they may just have to play with the number of big cores and LITTLE cores to find the proper balance.
For a desktop I definitely don't want to go out and buy an 8 core CPU to end up with 4 crippled cores though thats the problem. For my workloads there is a reason i went with an 8 core CPU. Now to get the with the CURRENT big/little appraoch as talked about here i'd have to spent extra to get the 8big/8little paying close to what will be 16 core pricing in this case to get what i'm after and I'd want 16 full cores if i'm going to be in that price catergory. A 4 big/4little would only be a hinderance with some of the software I use.

Mobile i'm 100% sold on this approach, 100% plugged into a wall on a computer that does more the surf the web not so much.

Latest posts

Twitter