What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel’s Comeback is 25% FASTER Than the Ryzen 5950X!

Izerous

Folding Team
If it comes out to be 25 percent faster you will all buy it. Who are we kidding here. Lol. It’s what we do. If it’s only marginally faster probably not.
The leaks were against a 5950x...
25% improved SINGLE CORE

he skirted it in the video using the word "around" a lot but i went back and check the chart multicore performance was about 10% improvement when actually looking at the numbers. Had it been 16 real cores instead of the 8+8 the gap would have been a lot more than 10% shown.

10409/11600 = ~0.8973 = ~10.27%

crazyea

The leaks were against a 5950x...
25% improved SINGLE CORE

he skirted it in the video using the word "around" a lot but i went back and check the chart multicore performance was about 10% improvement when actually looking at the numbers. Had it been 16 real cores instead of the 8+8 the gap would have been a lot more than 10% shown.

10409/11600 = ~0.8973 = ~10.27%
I mean even 10% over a 5950x is a nice bump for us still using intel.

FreeKnight

Ugghhh, Boot sequence :S

I'd be more curious to what performance looks like compared to a 5900x as it's always felt like the mainstream flagship to me whereas the 5950X was the 'workstation' chip. But I'm not going to believe any claims of "X% performance increases" without actual benches. There's always a 'Product is now XX% over it's competitor/previous gen' claim and it's usually highly exagerrated outside of some specific or niche metrics

crazyea

Ok, I'll check in later when the chip is released and see whos rocking what then. No point arguing with AMD camp right now.

gingerbee

yes crazyea is 100% right most of us aren't fanboys as much, I love AMD, I went back to AMD cause of Ryzen performance not cause I like the color red. If Intel can get ahead of the game by a lot not just 10% SC with a 60% power increase then I would strongly consider switching back to the blue team but as of right now I am all in on the red team, every pc in my house besides the Chromebooks are red.

Plus so far I am super happy with the performance I have

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
I wasn't even looking at power consumption a 60% higher TDP is pretty harsh hit. Especially considering a good chunk of wattage turns to heat so this thing will will a challenge to keep cool.

Latest posts

Twitter