What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel 6 Series Chipset Debacle: Manufacturer and Retailer Responses

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Part of the problem is there's so many layers between Intel and the end customer. Intel sells the chip to mobo manufacturer's, who sell to distributors, who sell to PC shops / etailers, who sell to the end user.

For example, NCIX is offering free shipping both ways and motherboard replacement on their already sold pre-assembled systems. While the mobo manufacturers will probably pick up the cost of the replacement, I doubt they will pay for the shipping expenses or the labor.

_dangtx_

Banned
Are you happy to sell only water-cooling stuff :p

its easier to deal with certain kind of products, especially if you can test t yourself for corrosion,durability etc.

whats gonna happen to a block to make it not work anymore? hit it with a hammer? lol

but electronics? ouch

im pretty sure they probably knew from the beginning, but shut up to cash in first

theres no way you discover something like this by accident, come on

chrisk

Folding Captain
im pretty sure they probably knew from the beginning, but shut up to cash in first

Ongoing testing will find stuff like this.

No way Intel would release this if they knew. Should they have known? Maybe, but no conspiracy here.

_dangtx_

Banned
they tested for months before having naything close to shelf readyness.

they took the best way out? i dont know, probably this cost them less than

not releasing anything i guess. bad move in my book, probably the lesser of three

evils in intel bookie's book perhaps

edit : this will make dozer's appearance even better

'bulldozer,brand new architecture from amd, no degrading sata issues!!!'

botat29

if you are old enough to remember the first pentium I, Intel denied at first the problem with the floating point, and at the end they replaces for over $ 600,000,000 of cpu. The sad thing is I help a kid to choose and build is new SB gaming pc, the part was order on the 18 of Jan, but I guess the chips was manufactured way before, I will have to check the man. date on the Asus Board. Thing is, are Intel telling the truth, because if it's a flaw in the design, I don't see why it's not all the chips affected, unless it's a manufactured problem that appear only lately.....

gingerbee

wow i am really glad i didn't run out and by SB eh lmao as much as this is not funny i am always an early adopter and thought maybe not this time. ( that and i am broke hehe maybe a sign eh lol )

INurHome

Intel had no reason to rush the release. Here, give me that! You have had enough....
My wonder right now is will this end up driving the cost up on these boards. P8P67 Deluxe was $225ish, will it be $250 once released?
-chris

Soultribunal

Staff member
its easier to deal with certain kind of products, especially if you can test t yourself for corrosion,durability etc.

whats gonna happen to a block to make it not work anymore? hit it with a hammer? lol

but electronics? ouch

Yes you can find this through ongoing testing.
I highly doubt that this was known before release.

ST

_dangtx_

Banned
having read a bit more, it seems it may take quite a while for issues to happen, well show up, so there must be something

else underneath the layer of the sata issues :) they couldve just shut up about it and 2-3 years down the road when this

specific issue would pop up they would work with the consumer to ship him a 4 port sata pci/pci-e card or whatever..

but pulling the the whole lot of mobos for the 'oh it will degrade sata performance in a long while' i dont buy it lol

im telling you guys, gotta be something bigger

Latest posts