What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel 6900K - sealed. In the box. Never used.

FreeKnight

Ebay sold is showing $600-700 so I'd probably go closer to that if you want to move it at a reasonable speed. $700+ you might have less buyers as some are going to opt for ebay instead to get price protection.

Of course if you're not in a rush, you could list higher and hope you have someone who wants to pick it up

FreeKnight

Thanks. I was thinking closer to half price. New Egg is selling it for around 22 hundred.
Not a chance. That's a reseller marking it up hoping someone's naive enough to buy, it's not Newegg itself selling it. A 6900K isn't worth that much. Nobody in their right mind pays 2200 when a 9700k is $549 new or a 9900k is $709 new.

danmitch1

Launch Date
Q2'16

Recommended Customer Price
$1089.00 - $1109.00

as per ark

Cptn Vortex

I'm with the others here, that $600-700 would be reasonable. There are many options on the Xeon side for people with X99 boards to consider as well, and the i7-9700k and i9-9900k are both extremely good CPU's at a great price.

SCANNERMAN

Thanks. I don't think I could sell it here anyway. I only joined this forum recently. I was just wondering what a good price would be as I am considering crossing over to a Thread Ripper platform. My 6850K cost me around the same price you mention here and it is considered a lower tiered chip having only 6 cores. Xeons are fine but you can't over clock them (not that I'm a hard core overclocker anyway.) Yeah, it's a niche I might have a challenge finding but at that price I'm better off using it than selling it.

JD

Staff member
I'm better off using it than selling it.
Yup that's what I was going to suggest as well. Nothing wrong with the 6850k or the 6900k for that matter. Depending on your workload, Threadripper might not even be faster.

Latest posts

Twitter