What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

intel 910 ssd HP mode?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
iv googled and seen anandtech review but i cant get this ssd to to run in high performance mode its not working saying theres syntax error? i followed what it asked maybe akg knows how to get this into hp mode?

Attachments

• hp mode.jpg
    hp mode.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 184

Shadowarez

Folding Team
hmm got same syntax error after changing to proper spelling its showing same syntax error invalid command error at or around -power_setting.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Well, that takes me out of it. PM AkG, he might have a quick answer for you.

WolfBane

iv googled and seen anandtech review but i cant get this ssd to to run in high performance mode its not working saying theres syntax error? i followed what it asked maybe akg knows how to get this into hp mode?
so how did you do it ?

AkG

Looks like you are entering it in the wrong order try:

isdct.exe -device 0 -power_setting max_performance

With these devices your syntax has to be DEVICE then COMMAND then SETTING. You were trying to put the cart before the horse...and it didnt know what device you were trying to change. Remeber these are meant to be used in a server where there will be multiple 910s ;)

Now with that being said...I do not recommend it. They run HOT when in HP mode.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
new command same error

same error as before its like its not accepting commands, like it doesnt recgonise input, i dled the datacenter tool from intel, it was win 10.

Attachments

• odd.jpg
    odd.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 105

AkG

Couple things to try. 1) run isdct from the C:\ and not a sub-dir. 2) try via the drive itself (ie try the app on the drive not via C). 3) try a different PCIe slot 4) could be windows 10 that is the issue. plop it in a rig that is running win 7. These devices are enterprise drives and probably not tested using windows 10. ;)

IF all that doesnt work. I honestly wouldnt worry about it. HP mode does make it faster...but not so much that most peeps would notice a major difference in low queue depth scenarios (eg games, video encoding, photoshop, etc)

Shadowarez

Folding Team
ahh ok, well its been put in raid 0 from disk manager, its running at 1.7gbs accourding to as ssd. but il keep cooling on it as is just to make it happier ;P

Latest posts