What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

intel 910 ssd HP mode?

MARSTG

dumb question here, but have you installed the specific drivers as well?

Shadowarez

there isnt any to install win 10 took over that, doesnt look like intel has any win 10 drivers, im thinking thats the issue its intalled but not with drivers designating it a pcie device, so the data center tool cant find it listed as pcie,

MARSTG

It's weird : the drivers are for Windows 7 and Winserver 2008 but they say that the tool is made for Win 10 as well.

Shadowarez

yeah i tryed intallin the drivers provided it only loads up the intel 720 ssd lol wont let me choose the 910, so maybe ill try this in another rig wit win 7 see if thats the prob since theres no way for windows to identify the drive as a pcie,

Shadowarez

Finally got this Beast into HP mode re-read fine print on site the new version of tool doesnt support this ssd i used the older 1.0 version and i made sure i was launchin as admin and on win 7, it worked dont see anychange but least now i know it working in hp mode ;)

WolfBane

congrats :)
I knew you would get it lol
so why no diff in speed ?
is it because YOU NEED TO RUN A TON OF DATA FOR IT TO BE FAST AND BE ABLE TO SEE IT ?
sorry new keyboard not use to it yet :0-

Shadowarez

prob becuase the test in as ssd didnt stress it ill try moving a huge ton of 10+gb files between raid 0 ssd and this see if it breaks that 2000mb speed. well i got it read at 1704 read and 1431 write its rated speed is 2000/1000 so its still writing faster then rated but not like ill see the 2000 till i start making it a encode location in new server.

Shadowarez

looks like wiped Intel(R) SSD Data Center Tool Version 1.0 outa existance the new 1.1 will not find the device, anyone have any luck finding version 1.0 of this i cant seem to locate it anywere all links point to intels site, ill try contact support see if they got it on floppy or tape since its so outa date lol, maybe theyll have it laying around on some random cdr one a trainees desk.

looked through my gdrive,dropbox, server hdds, i dont have it anywere, dont se how that 1 file is gone its like the only thing thatputs the pcie ssd into hp mode and actually reads it.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter