What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Announces Retroactive Warranty Increase for all 320-series SSDs

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Intel has thrown a bone towards customers who bought their 320-series SSDs by retroactively increasing warranty length from 3 to 5 years.

From Intel:

Confident in the enhanced reliability features of it?s recently introduced third-generation solid-state drive (SSD), Intel announced it has extended its limited warranty for the Intel...

[ Read full article ]

Last edited:

chrisk

Folding Captain
My main rig has seen two Vertex's fail, and the folding rig with the Intel SSD has never seen one. Not a scientific comparison, but the folding rig does mess with constant bigadvs.

ilya

AFAIK Intel uses a much softer ITGC/TRIM to prolong the life of the cells, at the cost of a little performance. OCZ, OTOH uses very aggressive cleaning that results in the industry leading performance we've seen from them.

That, and remember Intel's business model, they expect you to use their products for many years and are willing to sacrifice features and performance in order to get that lifespan. Their motherboards are the perfect example, Intel boards are usually the last to adopt new standards and usually lack many features that are almost industry standard.

Grampa

From personal experience, having gone through the annoyance of having a few SSD's crash and burn.

I like this news from Intel!

Its one thing to have a drive be fast (*cough* ocz *cough*), however there is a lot to be said for having a reliable product.

I can totally see, tacking on a longer warranty a great way to maintain profits, and also give consumer confidence that the manufacturer stands behind their product line 110%
This is something very nice for consumers to consider, with purchasing & comparing Intel 320 series ssd's to the competition.

Keywork

While I too believe Intel SSD's appear to be more reliable (to an extent), does any else look at this with a little skepticism? It's like they know something we don't :ph34r: haha. But like mentioned above, I have a feeling this will swing some buyers over to the Intel side. Also, who's gonna complain about extended warranties? :haha:

Latest posts