What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Arc A380 Review & A750 Hands On

moocow

GN got their hands on an Intel Arc A380.

• Need rebar to be turned on to even match a 6400, if your computer don't have that option, you can forget about it
  • Sucks more power than a 6400
  • Confirms it's a "meh" product

GN also got someone from Intel to come in for a quick talk about the Arc GPU. Interesting thing is that the A380 is targeted around $130 USD when it's release in North America.

Last edited:

Shadowarez

Folding Team
intel tactics of old are coming back like locking ram to 2988 if you didnt spend more for a k sque you got the intel shaft. typical intel give it a few years it may shape up to be something down the road.

Bond007

What I take from this is that it isn’t complete garbage for a first attempt, but I won’t recommend it to anyone…

It is only a x8 not x16 card that surprised me
At the low performance levels it operates at, I suspect it would be a waste to go to x16. The higher end cards they release should be x16.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
found a Red Devil variant for $120! remember when these were $400+ during the collapse of 2019-2022 🤣

moocow

I would suggest watching Moore's Law is Dead video on the Arc as well. His source is suggesting the top end A780 may get chopped because it can't compete but he clearly said it's not for sure at this point. He also touched on the 620W Lovelace card as well.

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
I would suggest watching Moore's Law is Dead video on the Arc as well. His source is suggesting the top end A780 may get chopped because it can't compete but he clearly said it's not for sure at this point. He also touched on the 620W Lovelace card as well.

A "good enough" competing GPU would be great for us. I hope this doesn't go the way of the i860..(..great hardware with no software support.)

Latest posts