What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.36 GHz temps

BFighter

Temps are after 18min of Prime95 with a Corsair H70 cpucooler stock everything
62°C Is that good or bad?

3.36GHz overclock 21x160 ; not affected cpu voltage (1.208V)

JD

Staff member
I believe most go with 65C, I go with 70C on my i7 920. But again, the thermal cut-off is 100C on i7's I believe.

And you should run Prime95 for at least an hour to get more accurate results.

BFighter

I believe most go with 65C, I go with 70C on my i7 920. But again, the thermal cut-off is 100C on i7's I believe.

And you should run Prime95 for at least an hour to get more accurate results.
i'M too lazy to run it for 1 hour :(
But it isn't a huge overclock and I thought it would run a bit cooler. How am I going to get it to the highy anticipated 4 GHz like every1 does with this cooler :(?

enaberif

i'M too lazy to run it for 1 hour :(
But it isn't a huge overclock and I thought it would run a bit cooler. How am I going to get it to the highy anticipated 4 GHz like every1 does with this cooler :(?
You'll need at least a good hour for a run or you aren't getting any good results and with P95 make sure its smallfft test

JD

Staff member
Any common cooling solution relies on air as the main heat transfer medium. As such, when comparing to others, you really have to take into account what their room temperature is.

However it's likely that as you push voltages, the temperatures shouldn't climb too much. The H70 can carry a higher heatload than a typical heatsink can.

Latest posts

Twitter