What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Haswell i7-4770K & i5-4670K Review Comment Thread

Bond007

Is the BGA 4770R going to be a OEM PC market only chip, or are they going to be available as a motherboard/CPU for at home builders (ex: an asus or gigabyte board with the chip installed)?...I assumed the latter, but may be wrong.

Dzzope

Have seen the 4770, 4770k and 4770s in retail channels, not seen the R (only going by what I've seen available)

Sky, any chances we could get a quick and dirty bench of say a 920 @ 3.8+ on the tests that were done for haswell?

Totally understandable if not but it would give probably the most valid comparisons to those that will be looking to upgrade.

Or if there is a fairly recent review that already includes them can you point me in the right direction?

Fleurious

I'm waiting to see a few more reviews and some retail chip overclocking results plus a comparison to the 4770 non K to see what, if any, difference the disabled features on the K chips make.

Lots of mITX boards to choose from now which is great.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Is the BGA 4770R going to be a OEM PC market only chip, or are they going to be available as a motherboard/CPU for at home builders (ex: an asus or gigabyte board with the chip installed)?...I assumed the latter, but may be wrong.
BGA only.

random_2

Great review

As always a great in depth review with obviously no efforts spared. Thank you again.
What's with the graphics though? Didn't we used to be able to "click to expand" so we could read them?
Or am I the only one that can't see them clearly. :thumb:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Anyone else having issues seeing the graphs?

For this week's Richland review, I'll up the contrast but I need to know if the size is ok for everyone.