What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel HD 2000 showing up in CPU-Z

Pabz0r545

Hi all. After a recent fresh install after not being able to boot into windows after a failed OC attempt, I now notice this showing up in CPU Z which it did not show up before. I also noticed a decline in my graphic performance while playing starcraft 2 in fullscreen mode. I had quite a bit of tearing and I didn't have it before I had to re install everything. Seems to be less tearing when I switch back to windowed (fullscreen) mode which I used to play in before re installations.

I'm not sure why it suddenly is reading this out but it never used to?

Is this affecting my graphics performance?

And how can I remove this from the graphics list in cpu-z?

JD

Staff member
All Sandy Bridge (LGA1155) chips have built-in graphics. It shouldn't harm your gaming performance though.

I imagine there should be an option in the BIOS/UEFI to disable it though.

Pabz0r545

Problem is solved! I went into the bios and disabled the lucid virtu. This n00b thanks you JD :bananafunky:

Anyone have any comments or input about Lucid Virtu? Is it good or bad?

gingerbee

turning it off is point less it wont affect anything unless you have it setup to to use it i.e running your screens off the IO of your motherboard if you have it running off the gpu's then it wont even use your on chip gpu.

If you want to use it for transcoding then setup the other way through your on board so when gaming it will run it through your gpu's for the better performance. I personal don't care and just run it through my gpu's

P.S gpu-z just reads all available gpu in the system

Latest posts

Twitter