What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel is Trying to HIDE Something! More DG2 Specs Appear!

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

Let’s get started with intel - on the companies Community Forums - you know the place people go for help with their products - well Last week, intel thought it was a good idea to delete the main post where frustrated users were discussing the problems they’ve been having with the Intel ethernet controllers on their Z490 motherboards.

And if you think that’s all Intel is trying to hide, well, there’s more. This time it’s a leak though. Remember their goals for a discrete GPU? The so-called “Odyssey”? It had this one shadowy video, a bunch of futuristic 2035 fake renderings, tons of announcements that got people excited, and….maybe a bit TOO excited?

crazyea

My son had nothing but problems on his Asus Strix z490-e gaming intel ethernet. Constant disconnects, cable unplugged, etc. And searching on the net found many more people with the same issues. They even release firmware updates and it still didn't fix it.

Luckily I haven't had any such issues on my Maximus Hero XII.

mGz

Intel has regressed so much it's disappointing. I wonder if this extends to the Z390 platform as well? Kind of makes me hesitant to update my bios + drivers.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team

crazyea

Overall I'm happy with the stability of the intel platforms I've used. The stability is the only reason I haven't switched to AMD yet, and the fact that my 10900 has a gpu on it. Make serving up plex so much easier for me. I guess I should also mention stock, but that's a given these days.

Reactions: mGz

mGz

Overall I'm happy with the stability of the intel platforms I've used. The stability is the only reason I haven't switched to AMD yet, and the fact that my 10900 has a gpu on it. Make serving up plex so much easier for me. I guess I should also mention stock, but that's a given these days.
For me as well.

I'm just annoyed because I've been wanting to upgrade for a long time, and them pricing their flagship mainstream CPU so high is turn off. All for marginal single core improvements... They still lose on MT which might force me to AMD.

As for the stock: I'm not in them personally. I don't do dividends.
QQQ all the way.

crazyea

I guess it’s a good reason to grab a 10 series cpu really quick if someone is in the market.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I think the older Tweet about 14+++++++ being Intel's most successful failure (because of lack of AMD Parts) is going to be true with even these launches. And, the coup de grace for Nvidia and AMD is if they get their GPU's to market. Even if they are at best equal to a 68XX or 3070, it will be more than enough for all of those gamers whom are thirsty for a new GPU or upgrade.

Crazy times indeed.

-ST

mGz

Make no mistake 11th gen will be as scarce as AMD's offerings. Supposedly the 11900k will be extremely limited on supply (< 5k units).

The only saving grace is 12th gen is slated for Q4.

Latest posts