What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Kaby Lake i7-7700K & i5-7600K Review - Comment Thread

jibz

Still think I'll wait one generation more before getting rid of my i7-2600k thats been going at 4.6ghz its whole life.

sswilson

Staff member
Pretty much means nothing to me until after we see what (Ri)Zen can bring to the table WRT to Performance and/or Value. (I'm a little concerned with how much backdoor teasing we're seeing on Vega and how little we're seeing on the processor front....... ).

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Move along, nothing to see here.

On the contrary. With each generation improving between 5-7%, users of Ivy Bridge could see a 25-35% performance increase. When combined with the platform's feature-level improvements, THAT is pretty significant IMO.

SKYMTL

Staff member
Pretty much means nothing to me until after we see what (Ri)Zen can bring to the table WRT to Performance and/or Value. (I'm a little concerned with how much backdoor teasing we're seeing on Vega and how little we're seeing on the processor front....... ).

I want to be very clear on this.

Vega is still 3 months away from launch AT THE EARLIEST. Ryzen will be available in the next 2 months.

Bond007

Thanks for the review. It seems all the little gains may finally be worth it for sandy/ivy bridge owners. Though at this stage we have held out long enough that we might as well wait for ryzen to see if it's more amd marketing games or something competetive.

ipaine

While I know I won't see a huge increase coming from a 4770k, I am more interested in the newer 270 boards. And that is mainly cause I still have a Z87 board and I like the options on those new ones. Not saying I am going to upgrade but it is something to possibly think about. Just going to have to wait a bit to see how things with Ryzen and how it might effect Intel prices.

sbohdan

How about temperatures? I never upgraded my i5 2500K after seeing how Intel quit soldering the heatspreader to the core and thus temps going out of control. Using a cheap TIM instead of soldering was and is a dealbreaker for me. Is there any change on this?

SKYMTL

Staff member
Temperatures will vary from one cooler and mount to another. They are impossible to properly log. However, we had no issues overclocking with higher end air and water cooling.

Latest posts