What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Kaby Lake i7-7700K & i5-7600K Review - Comment Thread

MARSTG

For me it will be more interesting to see how the lower parts will perform, especially the i3 which are often overlooked by gamers despite their very good gaming performance.

sbohdan

Temperatures will vary from one cooler and mount to another. They are impossible to properly log. However, we had no issues overclocking with higher end air and water cooling.

It would of been OK just to tell us what cooler you used and what the temps were with that cooler. My other question, what is under the heatspreader was not answered eighter.

MARSTG

Corsair H75 says on page 3. I don't think they will open up a review sample, so you might want to look for that answer someplace else. Anandtech says the i3 7350k almost matches i7 2600k!

Last edited:

Bao

my i7-4930k is showing its age, maybe? I dunno I want another CPU/MOBO overhaul this year. But not dying for any change. I think with Ryzen on the horizon, I guess I can wait a bit longer.

implosion222

But will it run Star Citizen?! :haha:

You'll need 2 of them tapped together!

Realistically tho, I read that the game would benefit from having multiple cores when it's fully released.

I'm hitching to upgrade but I'll probably buy a 1080ti before and see how well that's doing.

Prickly007

Only skimmed some of the articles on various sites, but one thing that stood out for me was the ascendency of m.2 (at the expense of native u.2 connectors). At least SATA Express is truly dead now.

ipaine

Well it looks like these are already available at MemEx. Prices range from $529.99 for the 7700K all the way down to $169.99 for the i3-7100. Well I should mention the i3's aren't in stock yet, so the cheapest available is the i5-7400 at $269.99.

Wonder what, if anything, AMD will influence the price of these once Ryzen comes out.

Latest posts