What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Kaby Lake i7-7700K & i5-7600K Review - Comment Thread

Lysrin

Move along, nothing to see here.

Ha! Well there might be a little bit more to see here than previous refreshes. I'm just glad the conclusion mentioned that Haswell users don't need to think too much about upgrading to Kaby Lake. Keeps money in my pocket and prevents me from obsessing on upgrading!! :biggrin:

Overclocking to 5 GHz is neat but I haven't even felt the need to overclock my 4790K yet so that isn't a draw for me.

MAC

Associate Review Editor
How come the i5 6600k isn't included in the benchmarks? Will the i7 6700k is.

Regrettably, we have just never had an Core i5-6600K on hand. Intel were stingy with those for some reason.

implosion222

Anyone know when initial availability will be for these along with the Z-270 boards ?

Groove

Well, pretty much in line with what everyone was expecting. I would assume that most of the gain in terms of single threaded performance compared to Skylake mostly comes from the increase in frequencies.

I believe the most probable reason to upgrade from a older "bridge" platform is the updated connectivity options. Gaming wise, it remains to be seen though.

Curious to see how/where AMD will position their new chip, especially their offering in the 240-340 US price bracket.

Latest posts