What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel kicked in the nutz again; releases list of 77 vulnerabilities

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Are you surprised? Intel has been lazy for decades. If developing new chips means using the most intelligent people, then the hackers should be the ones building them - they're obviously more intelligent since they find so many ways to exploit Intel vulnerabilities.

Ouch. AMD anyone?
Always.

Edit: But I've also bought VIA in the past, as well as Nvidia Tegra and Qualcomm. Anyone BUT Intel.

JD

Staff member
Ouch. AMD anyone?
As silly as it sounds, and I know it's a 12 core CPU, but this 3900X runs so much smoother just in day-to-day browsing and what not compared to my 6850k. But I mean like even Chrome zips through things, pages load/render quicker, etc.

Same amount of RAM (32GB), but 600MHz faster, though the loss of quad-channel, so I'd say it balances out there too.

Mr. Friendly

As silly as it sounds, and I know it's a 12 core CPU, but this 3900X runs so much smoother just in day-to-day browsing and what not compared to my 6850k. But I mean like even Chrome zips through things, pages load/render quicker, etc.

Same amount of RAM (32GB), but 600MHz faster, though the loss of quad-channel, so I'd say it balances out there too.
I hope a gray market pops up with the R9-3900 non-X. Toms says it's a real winner.

gingerbee

Ya, there was a story on MSN about how bad timing this is for intel with AMD zen 2 just launching lol:oops:. But for those who went full AMD the last few years like me its a great day for us :ROFLMAO:

I love my 3900x it just rips through everything I throw at it and watching it play games is a joke at a whopping 15% cpu usage banana

Plus since my little board problem pretty sure I am going to use the RMA board to upgrade my HTPC win-win-win for me with AMD

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I've always said that cores > threads. And now AMD packs a huge number of cores, And Threads, not to mention the APU advantages. Win, win and win. It's no wonder AMD powers consoles, it's just so much awesome in one package.

@gingerbee you won't believe me, but my good ol' Behemoth 64-core guy, when it's not busy collecting dust, is still, *by far*, the smoothest PC experience I have. A dozen tabs open, can start opening apps the second it's logged into windows, it's just got so many cores that Nothing slows it down.

PSST: and I'm thinking of upgrading it too! Hahaha

gingerbee

@CMetaphor Oh, I believe you cause it makes total sense it just got so many cores there's always one or 32 doing nothing so they can jump to help you with what you want. nothing wrong with upgrading older stuff I just told the ex-wife to upgrade her laptop with an SSD since it's still decent to do what she needs

Mr. Friendly

another thing that's amazing is how the 8 core / 16 thread 3800X beats the TR 1950X's 16 cores / 32 threads. it's about 25% faster in single threaded tasks and 5% faster in multi-threading tasks. that's how much of an IPC boost Ryzen platform has had in just two generations. that's a lot more than Intel saw over Sandybridge through to Ivy Bridge, LoL!

Twitter