What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Looks to Launch New "Pine-Trail" Atom Platform Early Next Year

FiXT

Hall of Fame
Intel has already seen wild success with it's current generation Atom processor gaining nearly 90% of the netbook market and they hope to continue the trend with the upcoming "Pine Trail" platform.A report from X-bit labs claims that "?Intel is planning for a fast transition to Pine Trail. To generate excitement for the platform ahead of launch, I... [ Read full article ]

U

Unregistered

huh

i'd personally be alot more interested if they could make it actually output 720p/1080p smoothly at all times, like the main computer i currently use. i can assure you none of the current atom varieties consume even remotely close to the same amount of power as either my htpc laptop, or main computer, but i've yet to see an alternative to them if i want reliable HD from files.

gingerbee

i'd personally be alot more interested if they could make it actually output 720p/1080p smoothly at all times, like the main computer i currently use. i can assure you none of the current atom varieties consume even remotely close to the same amount of power as either my htpc laptop, or main computer, but i've yet to see an alternative to them if i want reliable HD from files.
well i have been able to get 720p perfect out of the old atoms so we might see the 1080p on these. just out of curiosity how does an unregistered person leave a message :thumb:

Fudd Rucker

well i have been able to get 720p perfect out of the old atoms so we might see the 1080p on these. just out of curiosity how does an unregistered person leave a message :thumb:
I was going to say the same thing, i have my entire hdd on my netbook filled with 720p bluray tv shows and the play with zero problems.Hell I even hook my netbook up to my tv if i want to watch somrthing quick on the fly.
What I dont get is the x86-x64 hype ,every single netbook ive even worked on or owned has had one ram slot and they dont make 4gb ddr2 SODIMM moduals that I am aware of so its wasted money in my opinion.

gingerbee

I was going to say the same thing, i have my entire hdd on my netbook filled with 720p bluray tv shows and the play with zero problems.Hell I even hook my netbook up to my tv if i want to watch somrthing quick on the fly.
What I dont get is the x86-x64 hype ,every single netbook ive even worked on or owned has had one ram slot and they dont make 4gb ddr2 SODIMM moduals that I am aware of so its wasted money in my opinion.
do sometimes with the wifes netbook handy have vga out ah :biggrin:

Latest posts

Twitter