What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Lynnfield i5-750 & i7-870 Review Comment Thread

bumfloss

Holy !#$% I can't wait till the weekend when I buy my new intel i5
I was going to do a phenom ii build, however.....

I am 600% blown away at the power of such a cheap platform (price/performance wise AMD has competition now :)

BTW great review.... very detailed and thourough

slntdth93

nice detailed review (learned some more after reading two reviews before this)
Too bad i am not getting a new system cuz its pretty amazing that a core i5 can compete with 1366 offerings fairly closely.
Awesome bundles over at ncix but prices are probably going to be lowered a bit after early adopters finish buying what they need :ph34r:

Awesome bundle:
NCIX.com - Buy NCIX P55 Bundle Deal Core I5 750 2.66GHZ G.SKILL 4GB DDR3-2000 C9 Gigabyte P55-UD4P SLI Motherboard - 750-UD4P-4GB In Canada.

Core i5 750
Gigabyte P55-UD4P Mobo and
G.Skill Ripjaws

for $500. not too shabby

3oh6

Website
jodybailey.ca
i have a Gigabyte P55-UD4P here and am thoroughly impressed with this board thus far. i am simply focusing on extreme overclocking and the board is holding up nicely but it looks like a pretty solid setup. tons of features, solid clocker, and can handle some abuse from what i have seen. for $190, i definitely don't have any complaints. look for my forum post on the board later tonight or sometime tomorrow. might not have any useful info for those looking for 24/7 boards but more information is always a good thing when making purchases.

Arundor

Informative review. I had been waiting for this, thanks for having it available so soon after the NDA lift.

I'm looking forward to seeing more i5 overclocking results in the future.

Chilly

Website
mirthful.ca
Looks to be a great platform filling everything from the mid to high end "mainstream", although I do have to agree with you, does have a bit of a dead end feel built into it.

RedLight

i rather get a phenom II than i5 tbh, nearly the same price but the i5 is like a deadend in the gut/ PhII is wide abroad

r0bc

The i5-750,motherboard and memory is so cheap that I don't think it matters if its got a dead end feel to it really.
A $500 bundle and get Nehalem performance is a pretty small investment and it'll work for alot of people until the next great thing comes out.

Twitter