What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel pcie 4.0 plans squashed - I suspect this gen will be a bit of a joke

Bond007

Supposedly intel planned to have pcie 4.0 for comet lake’s upcoming 1200 socket...plans cancelled due to issues with “jitter”.

Everyone ready for Intel’s cutting edge platform release? Amazing abilities like all new pcie3.0, cutting edge14nm+++++ CPUs, increases power consumption to keep tree huggers at bay, and blistering fast ddr4 2933....if anyone not tech savvy reads this, please note there are intense amounts of sarcasm.

Mr. Friendly

Intel has definitely had a hard time of it lately...and yet they're still having record profits. crazy, eh?

it's glad to see AMD hitting their stride though!

SugarJ

Staff member
Looks like I'll be skipping another generation of Intel desktops. My 4.9 Ghz 8700K is holding it's own for what I do on it anyways.

Entz

Yeah it is not good and by the time they get there stuff in order Zen 3 will hit ... yikes.

I am already at 8 years without an upgrade what is another 10 months :p

Mr. Friendly

yeh...I was gonna go for a 3700X system, but I'm going to wait for Renoir APU's now. hopefully there will be some interesting thin-ITX mobo's that come out supporting their higher TDP.

Entz

Yeah the lack of B550 is one of the major reasons I haven't upgraded. I don't trust most of the VRMs on most of the ITX / mATX 450 boards and X#70 is a waste IMO.

Twitter