What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Rocket Lake-S prices Surface - Core i9-11900K to cost €600

mGz

I'm a slave to the upgrade bug, so even if I don't need it, I'll probably still do it anyway.

You shouldn't let fomo dictate your decisions. The feeling is always short-lived. At the end of the day both current platforms will be dead sockets within a year.

I want to see OC'ing results and thermals......theyre talking 2 cores boosting to 5.3.....can all 8 cores get to 5.3 or 5.4 perhaps under water.....my 9900k can do 5.1 all cores.....always entertaining AMD Zen though, very appealing when looking at CPU benchmarks....but I like OC'ing...and i dont need for 132 cores 264 threads for gaming...I want decent core count and speed..always been the appeal....still looks like thats a struggle with Zen..
..backporting I guess is the answer dropping from 10c to 8c. Wait and see some benchmarks, the 10900k didnt really look like much if any of an upgrade from 9900K.
Glad to native PCI-E 4.0

I'm curious about this too. The one thing that's put me off ryzen's is due to poor ocing potential on the CPU side. Overclocking ram on the other hand seems to have a more significant impact for gaming anyway (at least @ 1080p). All in all, you install a zen chip and it's pretty much 'plug n play'. How boring...

Benchmarks and OC'ing results be damned I'm probably better off waiting because by the time these CPU's launch in march they'll be impossible to obtain. That means late Q3 early Q4 possibly? At that point 12th gen will be right around the corner so....

I'm willing to pay the early adopters premium when 12th gen rolls around.

crazyea

You shouldn't let fomo dictate your decisions. The feeling is always short-lived. At the end of the day both current platforms will be dead sockets within a year.

I'm curious about this too. The one thing that's put me off ryzen's is due to poor ocing potential on the CPU side. Overclocking ram on the other hand seems to have a more significant impact for gaming anyway (at least @ 1080p). All in all, you install a zen chip and it's pretty much 'plug n play'. How boring...

Benchmarks and OC'ing results be damned I'm probably better off waiting because by the time these CPU's launch in march they'll be impossible to obtain. That means late Q3 early Q4 possibly? At that point 12th gen will be right around the corner so....

I'm willing to pay the early adopters premium when 12th gen rolls around.

I don't have a fear of missing out at all. I like new tech, and I like to upgrade, build computers and mess around. Being doing the same thing for 20 years already.

If I wasn't almost 47 I'd probably be on youtube doing this stuff for my 10's of followers. haha.

mGz

I don't have a fear of missing out at all. I like new tech, and I like to upgrade, build computers and mess around. Being doing the same thing for 20 years already.

If I wasn't almost 47 I'd probably be on youtube doing this stuff for my 10's of followers. haha.

Fair enough. I like messing around and tinkering too but haven't delved into the world of custom loops just yet. Going down that rabbit hole means it'll become yet another expensive addiction but wth... If I can snag a 9900k + 1000W PSU for a decent price (not likely obv) that'll give me the excuse I need :geek:

rjbarker

Just a "kid" :)

No rush for me.....hell I've had my order in for a 3080FTW Ultra since 6 Oct.........starting to convince myself 45 FPS is pretty good playing Cyberpunk.......and I wait "slowly losing interest" :)

Latest posts

Twitter