What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Skylake Non-K Overclocking BIOSes Pulled (Comment Thread)

Bond007

I am surprised that it wasn't locked even quicker. And skylakes seems to have a few actual bugs that get fixed with a bios update. It will be good fun OCing for those that do keep the boards running older bios.

sf101

Any good OC team should have already made copies of this bios.

Reminds me of the hacked bios on P45 board's made them infinitely better at most things OC.

If HWC wants more traffic they should host these bios in a DL thread :p.

D

Dark Knight

This isn't surprising especially considering the time frame between their release of the bios and the retraction of this bios. I am just surprised it wasn't done sooner enough. However ASRock should not have to succumb to such pressure from Intel. Considering the various Skylake errata and issues (errata, ihs etc..) it's no surprise that their top mainstream platform has alot of coverage already both negative and positive.

sf101

and considering how popular asrock is lately. intel should have just bowed down to their ingenuity and understanding of their platform past reference.

Coach

This move makes Intel look even more hardhearted IMO. They own the market and yet need to squash a few people that wanna play with non k cpus. lame

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
If HWC wants more traffic they should host these bios in a DL thread :p.
We have the server resources finally.....and between MAC and I we have about 70 BIOses ready to roll. :ph34r:

dARqSyDE

If anything, this(and the G3258) should show Intel that it could probably do really well with an i3-K. After the success of the G325, I was really surprised that there wasn't a Skylake i3-K.

Latest posts

Twitter