What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel small upgrade?

I_need_a_new_RIG

So i have a Intel Celeron E2200 2.20 ghz cpu,, (yes i know its sad:sad:).

I was wondering if upgrading to a Intel Pentium E5700 3.0 ghz cpu will be better?

Will it be a big improvement and will it give enough juice to not bottle neck my Gfx card ( MSI R6670 1 gig GDDR5, O.c to 860 mhz, 1050 mhz:punk:).

Thankx:bananafunky:

frontier204

May you post all your system specs and what you want to do?
I can't justify an upgrade between two "crippled" versions of the Conroe processor. You can't find a used E6x00 (4MB cache) or Q6600? There are already games out there that will eat any dual core from that generation of CPU for breakfast without a heavy overclock (GTA IV, Supreme Commander).

I_need_a_new_RIG

Okay sorry:
Intel Foxconn g31mxp-k 2011 bios
2gb ram kingston 667 mhz
Dunherm x fox case
450 watt psu
MSI R6670 1gb GDDR5
sata 2 samsung 320 gb 7200 rpm hdd
Windows 7 32 bit.

Bond007

Here is the problem. Both your CPU and RAM need updating or they will be a bottleneck (ram to a lesser extent). Looks like your motherboard does support lots of ram and cpu choices, so that is good. The bad is that I would not invest any real amounts of money into a 775 system. If you find a decent cpu upgrade it will help your system, but your ram will be slowing your system down. And investing in ram and a cpu would kind of be a waste of money IMO.

If I was you and money was tight then I would keep my eyes open for a cheap used core 2 processor that will just slide in the motherboard and give you a decent upgrade. A much more noticeable and worth while upgrade (while not costing an arm and a leg) would be to keep a look out for a cheap 1155 bundle. You can get bundles with an i3 2100 or 2120/ motherboard/ and 4gb ddr3 for <$200 and it would be a massive improvement for you. LINK for performance...its roughly double the performance of your e2200 in everything.

I_need_a_new_RIG

Okay thankx i figured i would need a major upgrade, i want to go i3 or amd llano and crossfire my gfx with the onboard apparently you can achieve a 30% increase.

dpk33

I personally wouldn't invest more into 775, but if you choose to do so, then pick up a cheap Core 2 Quad. I have a spare. PM if you want it ;)

Latest posts