What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel talks Comet Lake U

Bond007

Seems great on paper, but given it is still on 14nm it is going to be tdp/temp limited for sure.

i7-10710U6C/12T1.14.73.9

Look at the 35watt 6 core that are out now, and they struggle in most laptops to maintain 3.9ghz. They all throttle due tdp/temp. I would throw a random guess out there that this new i7 will settle out (after an initial burst) in the 2-3ghz range in most laptops.

Mr. Friendly

Seems great on paper, but given it is still on 14nm it is going to be tdp/temp limited for sure.

i7-10710U6C/12T1.14.73.9

Look at the 35watt 6 core that are out now, and they struggle in most laptops to maintain 3.9ghz. They all throttle due tdp/temp. I would throw a random guess out there that this new i7 will settle out (after an initial burst) in the 2-3ghz range in most laptops.
I agree...and see how high the all core turbo's are? they're smoking something...

Entz

Those base clocks 🙈

6 cores at 15w is great an all but there is no way the chassis they put these in are gonna let them hit the 50w -> 90w (for the 6 core max boost) for any length of time (yes thats Intels Spec on them..90w burst!). A 4 core that holds boosts > a 6 core than can't.

Oh well it is marketing wank for the investors..

Stupid Lenovo fix your battery issue in the Y740 so I can get one and stop looking at benchmarks and future procs haha

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter