What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel vs Lenovo Xeon processors 26xx

mtown

Hey

I'm planning to build a dual Xeon workstation with 2 Intel e5 2630 v2 cpus in it. I found some on a good sale but it's manufacturer brand is Lenovo.

Is this chip going to work in the Asus Z9PE motherboard I'm using? I can't find any information out there on this

Helios79

Intel makes processors, not Lenovo. You can take the paired Xeon's out of one of brand of server and put them in another. To my knowledge, Intel hasn't used serial numbers in years.

mtown

Intel makes processors, not Lenovo. You can take the paired Xeon's out of one of brand of server and put them in another. To my knowledge, Intel hasn't used serial numbers in years.
Right so Lenovo just buy them intel. Not planning to use it in a server, it's for a render workstation build

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Well.....there's a possibility that Lenovo, being the massive client they are, has specified different characteristics for their Xeon processors. For example, I know that Dell used to bin their server processors so they ran at a lower voltage than stock. If that is the case you may face compatibility issues.

MARSTG

Well, maybe in this case, to clarify the matter, you should ask a cpu-z screenshot with both cpu to see their specs like this you can get a clear information.

Latest posts

Twitter