What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel X25-M 80GB SSD (Gen2) Benchmark?

Evilyeti

Hey guys.

So i ordered my first SSD from NCIX a few weeks ago and got it installed last night. First thing i did was update the firmware from 02HA to the latest firmware.

I followed all the tweaks listed to do after installing Windows 7 and this is the benchmark that i am getting with HD Tune Pro.

ssdbench1.jpg

This doesn't seem as high as other people have gotten with the same drive. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited:

Evilyeti

Found a never version of Crystal Disk Mark and i used AS SSD Benchmark tool as well.

Should my write speeds be higher? The only thing i haven't tried yet is ACHI mode because it blue screens my computer when i try to boot into Windows.

G777

I would definitely enable AHCI, I've had the same drive for about 6 months. Though I notice my write speeds look a little funny:shok: Did you make the necessary registry changes to enable AHCI? That has to be done in windows before you can enable in BIOS.

Attachments

• disk mark.jpg
    disk mark.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,138

G777

Write speeds were with a different test size than yours. Reran the test to compare.
If it helps here's a quick guide to enable ahci after OS is already installed:

" 1. Exit all Windows-based programs.
2. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
3. If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
4. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetServicesMsahci
5. In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
7. On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.

Attachments

• dm 2.jpg
    dm 2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,103

AkG

The new Intel RST drivers can pass the TRIM command, much like MSAHCI drivers can (and some peeps have gotten a moderate boost in performance from it). Right now where the OP is not running in AHCI mode, the drive cant keep itself clean as IDE mode wont pass TRIM commands on to the SSD. The first thing I would do is run the Intel SSDToolbox and run the manual trim option. THEN rerun the benchmarks. See if they improve. IF not run the reghack, get into AHCI mode and then rerun the benchmarks. See if they improve.

gingerbee

Semi-Noobish question... but only useful if running raid aren't they? OP has single SSD I think.
no there not just for raid there just intel driver not Microsoft and i have had slight better performance with it even on my system's without raid. i would do what akg said run toolbox trim then reboot make sure achi is enabled if this doesn't help then try the intel drivers.:biggrin:

Last edited:

G777

no there not just for raid there just intel driver not Microsoft and i have had slight better performance with it even on my system's without raid. i would do what akg said run toolbox trim then reboot make sure achi is enabled if this doesn't help then try the intel drivers.:biggrin:

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarification:thumb: