What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel X25-V 2.5" 40GB SATA II MLC SSD - $106 shipped - TODAY ONLY!

MrDiaz

Damn great deal! Should've bought two of these together with my NCIX order (free shipping) :(

technix

Banned
Isn't a 40GB drive a bit small for Windows? When it's formatted, it'll be even less than 40GB.

Or is the option mostly for using in RAID? Or is 40GB enough for basic OS and a few popular/often used programs?

It seems like a decent price but the 80GB Intel one for $230-ish seems at least as good.

sswilson

Staff member
Isn't a 40GB drive a bit small for Windows? When it's formatted, it'll be even less than 40GB.

Or is the option mostly for using in RAID? Or is 40GB enough for basic OS and a few popular/often used programs?

It seems like a decent price but the 80GB Intel one for $230-ish seems at least as good.
40G is a bit small these days, but it's certainly doable for those of us who remember the bad old days when we had to manage files religiously `cause HDD space was at a premium. (1G HDD's @ $300+ anybody???? ;) ).

AkG

If your budget is small, get the 40GB V. Great first SSD. Killer price.
IF your budget can only stretch to 150. Get the SSDNov V gen 2. Not the fastest drive out there, but still very decent and another great way to get intro'ed into the world of SSDs.
IF your budget can stretch to 235'ish get the Intel. Easily one of the best SSDs out there. Only a couple (at most) beat it in performance. AWESOME way to get into SSDs. ;)

Patramix

If your budget is small, get the 40GB V. Great first SSD. Killer price.
IF your budget can only stretch to 150. Get the SSDNov V gen 2. Not the fastest drive out there, but still very decent and another great way to get intro'ed into the world of SSDs.
IF your budget can stretch to 235'ish get the Intel. Easily one of the best SSDs out there. Only a couple (at most) beat it in performance. AWESOME way to get into SSDs. ;)
Thanks, would 2 40gb V's in raid 0 be better then the SSDNov V gen 2? and if raid, it does support Trim from what ive been understanding right?

Musabi

Two 40gb in raid about equal the performance of a single 80gb. That said I bought my second 40gb to run in Raid0 with my first!!

Oh, and yes, trim is now supported in raid!!

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmmm..... maybe I should change plans for the pair and go for a raided OS drive on my main rig..... decisions, decisions.............

S

shaw

FYI, I use of those in my lappy, with Photoshop, Acrobat 9.0 and the full Office Suite with W7. C: shows 21Gb free out of 37.1Gb. Plenty of space, even with a W7 install.

And it made that old Dell Inspiron 6400 run damn fast too.

Latest posts

Twitter