What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Xe In Trouble

Entz

Can we start calling it the Koduri curse now ;)

This is the one thing they had going for them next year imo ...

Soultribunal

Staff member
I think they had their hopes too high if they envisioned getting a GPU working perfectly on the first try.
nVidia and AMD have been at it for Decades and they still screw it up.

-ST

Mr. Friendly

I think they had their hopes too high if they envisioned getting a GPU working perfectly on the first try.
nVidia and AMD have been at it for Decades and they still screw it up.

-ST
what do you mean first try? Intel is the largest manufacturer of GPU in the world! they've just kept themselves restricted to entry level / mainstream, not performance...but they have the history / experience and chops. LoL!

Soultribunal

Staff member
Second try at making something Discrete like this. Lets not forget the failure that was Larabee.
They are doing something they have only tried half heartedly once before. Quantity does not always equal quality/power, or we'd have had no need for nVidia or AMD Solutions.

I don't think I could call what they do mainstream. Unless you mean running all the games I play on lowest settings.

-ST

Izerous

They also poached everyone they could with more experience to make it happen, and still failed by the sounds of it wonder what the real truth is behind all of this. Maybe the CPU market and process manufacturing is hurting them more than anyone admits to.

Mr. Friendly

I don't think I could call what they do mainstream. Unless you mean running all the games I play on lowest settings.

-ST
I call mainstream as their GPU is in almost ALL of the world's PC's and notebooks.

the discrete market is obviously big enough to maintain AMD and Nvidia and a few other small players...but Intel dominates with their iGPU's now.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Sorry Friendly but you are moving the goal posts here.
The article is about struggles with making Discrete GPU's. The iGPU's are something else. And they only get that title you give them by default.
They are not Discrete. They Suck at gaming.

And for all their 'alleged' prowess, they have hit a wall not once but twice. And have had to seriously Farm Talent to get to where they are today.
So my original statement stands.

-ST

Latest posts

Twitter