What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel Z68 Review - The Sandy Bridge Platform Expands; Comment Thread

slippy

Plus, you'll never have to worry about things like stutter and premature wear in this case since according to Intel, information is only written / read from the SSD when an application is first clicked.
Awesome, so your SSD should last forever! :thumb:

lowfat

Staff member
Are you sure the SSD is a 310 and not a 311? From what I've been reading on other sources (including Intels spec page), the 310 is MLC and uses mSATA.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Might sound silly but I am really happy with the new colour schemes for Gigabyte boards. I hated the fruit-loop themes they used to have.

Virtu and caching are promising, but I want to see them in the wild for 4-6 months first while folks figure out the issues with the setup (ie. drivers, disk-imaging software, etc)

Sagath

Staff member
The thing that pisses me off is (from my understanding of the Anandtech article) nothing is hardware based about the RST technology, its just a software based RAID solution. This means there is probably no reason (atleast on P/H6x series) this couldnt be adopted, maybe even further back to 5x chipsets? Just intel forcing you to upgrade all your shit again.

As for Virtu, I'll wait for Intel and nVidias solutions first, before jumping on this bandwagon.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more this bleeding edge tech is just going to make me wait for Ivy bridge and the bugfixes I'm sure it'll bring ;)

Eldonko

I can tell you that right now Virtu works like shit but give Z68 a bit for synergy support and better driver support and I think it will become a useful feature that is well worth the $20 premium.

Galcobar

Second page, second-to-last paragraph: "RST Caching as it’s called increases system load times by caching frequently used files on a secondary solid state drive"

Think you mean "decreases system load times."

johnjohn

Newbie here, silly question:
Will Z68 work with only Sandy Bridge installed, like H67 ? (i mean without any discreet graphic card). If for example one day if my graphic card dies, i just want to be assured that i still be able to use the machine temporary, until i replace another card. Can't do that with P67 though.

Latest posts

Twitter