What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel's Top End Mobile Xe Looks Promising

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan

the top end Tiger Lake i7 is 20% faster than the last gent i7's and the Xe GPU with it's 96 EU's scored 2000 points higher than the GTX 1650 Ti. granted. these are both synthetic, so who knows what optimization tom foolery is gong on, but promising, none-the-less.

I laughed that they dare not compare the i7 against any of AMD's Ryzen 4000 CPU's...they'd be hammered. LoL!

Dwayne

I laughed that they dare not compare the i7 against any of AMD's Ryzen 4000 CPU's...they'd be hammered. LoL!

Perhaps you should watch the HWC video. The hammering is very select, mainly multi-core where you would expect it.

I have no use for a laptop myself, but I expect the metrics would be battery life and a zippy feeling when using it. It appears that in real world applications the Intel laptop performs very well.

Marzipan

Perhaps you should watch the HWC video. The hammering is very select, mainly multi-core where you would expect it.

I have no use for a laptop myself, but I expect the metrics would be battery life and a zippy feeling when using it. It appears that in real world applications the Intel laptop performs very well.
I can't do video's...they're too slow.

Entz

When this gets into actual designs it will be a very interesting fight as this sample is basically the perfect test scenario. Max fans, not thermally constrained, not power constrained etc.

But credit where credit is due Tigerlake is a ST monster and Zen3 is going to have its work cut out for it. XE is also very impressive but still mostly useless as iGPUs tend to be. It actually bolds well for the desktop ones if it scales well.

Marzipan

When this gets into actual designs it will be a very interesting fight as this sample is basically the perfect test scenario. Max fans, not thermally constrained, not power constrained etc.

But credit where credit is due Tigerlake is a ST monster and Zen3 is going to have its work cut out for it. XE is also very impressive but still mostly useless as iGPUs tend to be. It actually bolds well for the desktop ones if it scales well.
it will open a whole new world to cheap 1080p gaming rigs for the poor...so not 'mostly useless' me thinks. ;)

Latest posts