What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Interesting ASRock Z77 MB Problem

antonin

Hi everyone,

I have a Z77 ASRock Extreme4, Intel 3570K with 32 GB memory, Intel SSDs for C: and D:

Recently, when I reboot (eg after patching), the machine boots, the Windows logo starts, but then it stalls there. Watching the HD light on the case shows that it continues to flash off and on. After I clear the CMOS on the MB, I can generally successfully boot all the way through to logging into Windows.

I don't recall that I made any recent changes. Most of my changes get applied within VMs that I run on the machine.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts. I'm prepared to purchase a new MB and CPU (thinking ASRock Z97 Extreme6 - need the SATA ports). But, if I can fix it without the expense, that would be great. Thanks!

KaptCrunch

need to set your OS drive to boot first in bios set-up

have tried booting in safe mode ?

Last edited:

MARSTG

I agree : if the mobo is not keeping the settings over a reboot most likely is the cmos battery failing. Try a new one and take it from there. More sata ports can be achieved installing a sata card.

antonin

Thanks guys! I"ll definitely be getting a new battery for it tomorrow. Hopefully, that's the fix.

Latest posts