What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Interesting Beers

Cptn Vortex

If there are 2 things I like in this world, its beer and poutine... Here's the beer thread! Recently I have had pretty much every beer in the beer stores here... so I search the shelves for the "New!" stickers... Came across some good ones this week!

Check out He'Brew Genesis Ale. Just as silly as the name! "The Chosen Beer"

Also, got a Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock. Not sure where its from, but I just realised its 12% alc rating. It's actually quite good for those of you who think Guiness is weak (ME).

Anyone have any other good rare beers they suggest? I'm going to be updating this whenever I come across anything special!

Soultribunal

Staff member
Strong Beer ( no , seriously thats the name) its a German Beer in a light blue can.
Us Deutchlanders can make an uber beer somedays.

ST

chrisk

Folding Captain
Well I love my Guinness, Caffreys, and a guilty pleasure, Sleeman's Clear.

There is KLB Raspberry wheat beer which is actually quite good too.

The only 12% beer I had was some banana stuff (can't remember the name) I had at a pub in Ottawa called Pub Italia. Anyone been to that pub its a great place! Pretty sacriligious actually, as the place is done like a church inside, and there are places to pray to beer. They have bibles that have many, many beers in it...you can try some really crazy ones the next time anyone goes to Ottawa.

bit_NINj4

Banned
Oh man, I can't wait to have Poutine at 'Au Pied de Cochon' in Montreal. Fois Gras in poutine, sign me up!

And for beer, I nearly dropped a biscuit when I went to 'Whole Foods' in Seattle last week and seen the massive selection of foreign beers there.. I was so dumbfounded that I didn't even remember to take any footage with my cellphone.. :shok:

death_hawk

For a lighter beer, I like Sapporro (Japanese) My ol' standby is Guinness though.

donimo

I just tried some called Dead Frog

the motto is "nothing goes down like a cold dead frog"

haaa its pretty good too

Latest posts