What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Interesting Beers

matsta31

La Blanche du Cheval blanc gets my vote, but I really prefer it on tap. In Bottle, I guess it depends how fast the inventory turnover....

Next time you are in Montreal, you should go check their Bar/brewery on Ontario street, really fresh beer and while you drink, you can see the beer making process.

sswilson

Staff member
Back in my beer swilling days it was usually a dark beer. Newcastle Brown Ale &/or Tartan never failed to hit the spot.

Wheat beers were a good occasional beer when I was in germany, but I usually went with whatever local red label was available. Back in the early 90's there were a few interesting micro breweries in Quebec... Names like Nom De Dios IIRC. They were essentially fortified beers which sported 14% + alcohol (seems to me one was up around 20%) and packed quite a whallop.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Back in my beer swilling days it was usually a dark beer. Newcastle Brown Ale &/or Tartan never failed to hit the spot.

Wheat beers were a good occasional beer when I was in germany, but I usually went with whatever local red label was available. Back in the early 90's there were a few interesting micro breweries in Quebec... Names like Nom De Dios IIRC. They were essentially fortified beers which sported 14% + alcohol (seems to me one was up around 20%) and packed quite a whallop.

For a good Variety of beer, You need to hit up Munich in october fest.
I think they hold the record for beer consumed in one day.
lol

ST

Mecher

Hoegaarden is my fav white beer!!! but pretty pricey here in Manitoba... you used to be able to get great big glasses of it at a bar in the hometown I grew up in, untill they ran out of glasses...brewed in belgium I think, found a wiki on it: Hoegaarden Brewery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I have tried Rickards white, but much prefer hoegaarden... Blue moon in the states isn't that bad either...

Inik

Folding Team
Kilkenny - Irish cream ale....

I found some here, but it was so much better in Ireland

Latest posts